Library cards are no charge if you live in the district.
Get a Library Card at NSLD Libraries
Residents can obtain a library card by bringing a current photo ID and proof of address to either NSLD location. Examples of a proof of address are a recent bill, voter registration card, rental agreement, or check. Children ages 5-17 can get a library card with a parent or guardian.
Non-Residents may purchase a library card for $125.00 per year. You must bring in a current photo ID and proof of address to get a card.
Check your tax bill online at https://treasurer.wincoil.us/ to see if you pay taxes to North Suburban Library District.
Get a Library Card Online
You can also sign-up for a library card using the PrairieCat Mobile App Follow the instructions below:
- Open the PrairieCat Mobile app and tap the My Account square (top left).
- Tap the Library Card Sign-up square (bottom left).
- At the top of the screen, tap Apply For New Card.
- Fill in your information. Tap the black squares to use your device’s camera to take a photo of your driver’s license or photo ID, and recent utility bill. When finished, tap Submit.
- Cards will be mailed to your home address. Library staff will contact you if further information is needed. Contact NSLD (815-633-4247, x116) if you don’t hear from the library in 14 days.